Headache Relief From Your Jacksonville, NC, Chiropractor
Headaches are incredibly common. They may come on slowly or they may appear suddenly, and they can vary widely in severity. Many of us simply deal with it, assuming it’s a natural part of life. If headaches are making a considerable negative impact on your life, consider seeking chiropractic care at Jacksonville Chiropractic in Jacksonville, NC.
What Causes Headaches?
Headaches have a variety of causes. Some common causes of headaches include:
- Leaning over a computer all day or looking down at your phone constantly
- Inadequate sleep
- Poor posture
- Stress or emotional disturbances
- High blood pressure and changes in blood circulation
- Some types of food
- Injury to the neck, spine, or other upper body areas
Most people visit their regular doctor for help with headaches. A general practitioner will often prescribe medication to help with the pain rather than treating the causes of your headaches. Additionally, the medications come with several potential downsides. It is understandable to seek some type of medication to help relieve the pain, and doing so is not necessarily an issue. However, you need to be focusing on fixing the root cause of the headache instead of only masking the pain.
A chiropractor can be an invaluable ally in your fight against headaches. Our chiropractor will uncover the root cause of your headaches and develop a chiropractic care plan to treat them that is natural and non-invasive.
Natural Treatment of Headaches
Depending on the cause of your headaches, our chiropractor might recommend:
- Spinal Manipulation: Some headaches are due to an injury or poor posture that affects the alignment of the spine. Our chiropractor addresses misalignment through spinal adjustment – a process that helps put your spine back in its proper form.
- Massage Therapy: Massage therapy can provide pain relief and healing in many ways. It can improve blood flow through the body, relieve tension, improve your quality of sleep, release endorphins, and more.
- Lifestyle Changes: Many times, getting rid of headaches requires making lifestyle changes. Your chiropractor can help you identify areas that need to be improved, such as health, diet, and exercises to improve posture. With the education and support of our chiropractic team, you can start new, positive habits.